Huber’s Red Raspberry Cream Pie
A Delicious and Scrumptious Treat
Prepare favorite pastry recipe for one crust pie, or use one commercially
prepared pie crust.
Bake and cool.
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
2 1/4 cups milk
4 egg yolks
1 Tbsp. butter
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups Huber Red Raspberries
- Bake piecrust and cool. After piecrust cools, carefully place an even layer of red raspberries on pie crust.
- In a 2 quart sauce pan with spoon, mix sugar, flour and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Over medium heat, cook mixture, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and begins to boil ( about 10 minutes). Boil 1 minute. Remove immediately from heat and set aside.
- In cup with wire whisk, beat egg yolks with small amount of hot milk mixture. Slowly pour egg mixture into saucepan, stirring rapidly to preventlumping. Over low heat, cook, stirring constantly, until very thick, (do not boil). Mixture will mound when dropped from spoon.
- Remove from heat, stir in butter and vanilla; carefully pour into piecrust over raspberries. Cover surface of mixture with plastic wrap to prevent skin forming. Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
- After cooled, decorate pie with whipped cream and raspberries. Garnish with fresh mint leaves if desired.